Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 10 year old dog (mix from the pound) mid-sized has

Customer Question

Customer: My 10 year old dog (mix from the pound) mid-sized has developed a huge hard mass encompassing his right hind leg from the joint near his foot to the the hip and including part of the hip. It is hard and growing. We started both of dogs on a homemade diet of whole brown rice, veggies and meat. He has lost weight and now it is evident that this is in part the reason he is not as active as he always had been.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: -We have two dogs. They both needed a diet as they are 10 and 11 years old respectively.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sir
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has the mass been present?

Is it causing him any discomfort?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.