Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 13 year old cockpoo. He us losing weight and s stomach

Customer Question

Customer: my 13 year old cockpoo. He us losing weight and his stomach gurgles at night. He is acting very hungry. about 3 months ago he grabbed a very large piece of deboned chicken off plate. Layed on side as if dead. Husband picked him up and shook him upside down until it came out. could weight loss be related to cancer. He is have an ultrasound Monday, can that determine a lot, including trachea esophageal trouble? He is otherwide very healthy. Was always 17 lbs. Now 14 and I'm scared.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He ate pedigree all his life. He likes the soft food that is for weight gain. He actually likes everything, especially nub nubs. don't know if you have heard of that treat. All beaf. He may be getting senile. Roams around more during day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

When you say he is acting hungry, is he eating more or being fed more?

Has he had any diarrhea?

Any increased thirst or urination?

Has his vet done any other tests? Tried any treatments so far?

Has he had any regurgitation issues or vomiting since the chicken issue?