Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD MULTIPOO THAT I RESCUED S BACK LEGS WERE

Customer Question

I HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD MULTIPOO THAT I RESCUED HIS BACK LEGS WERE COMPROMISED AS A PUPPY FROM CHILDREN ROUGHOUSING WITH HIM...HIS HIND QUARTERS ARE IN SUCH A WEAKEN STATE AND HE SEEMS TO BE IN PAIN..CAN I GIVE HIM A 1/4 OF BAYER ASPRIN
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Poor lad!

As long as he is healthy, eating, and is on no other medication, Aspirin can be given. In regards ***** ***** it depends on his weight and the strength of the tablet you have. Specifically, he can have 5mg per pound of his body weight every 12 hours. Of course, since Aspirin can be rough on empty stomachs, any treatment should be after food has been given. And if this doesn't reduce his signs, then we'd want to ring his vet about stronger dog safe alternatives (ie Rimadyl, Metacam, Onsior, etc).

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr. B for the advice. I'm trying to reach his vet for an apt. Monday unless he wore-sends I will take him to E.R.You have been most kind and helpful.
Sincerely,
Annette and Benny
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, Annette.

That sounds like an ideal plan of action. Hopefully he won't worsen for us but that is a perfect plan here. :)

Best wishes for Benny,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet