Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog got a package of anti gas pills there are 4-5 missing

Customer Question

My dog got a package of anti gas pills there are 4-5 missing not sure if any were missing before got them she weights about 42 pounds.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Can you please give me the primary ingredient (active) of the pills, how long ago this might have happened, and the mg of the pills?

Thank you

Luckily these medications are not toxic to dogs if ingested and have a wide margin of safety. These products are often used to treat some conditions in dogs and the primary active ingredient is Simethicone which only has gastrointestinal disruption as a side effect. To help your dog prevent any irritation or diarrhea, add 1-2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin to each meal for the next few days. Canned pumpkin (not spiced) will help soothe the intestinal tract and is a natural remedy for both diarrhea and constipation.

If for any reason you notice any unusual symptoms in your dog, contact his regular veterinarian to rule out more serious conditions.
If the active ingredient is simethicone, it is difficult to overdose and is not likely to have any persisting effects.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today. I am online another 30 minutes to assist you

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Good morning I wanted to check in on you and Gabi to see how she is doing after possibly ingesting the anti gas medication. Did she have any issues last night after you asked your question? I would love an update when you are able...
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Good afternoon, I am curious if there were any changes to Gabi after ingesting the anti gas medication last week? I would love an update when you are able...
​If you found my information helpful I would very much appreciate you rating our chat on the top of the screen so I maybe compensated for my time. Thank you!