Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Place. My dog ate a glue gel moue trap will he die?
,

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** dog ate a glue gel moue trap will he die?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Goldendoodle 9 months old 55# ***** most of a glue gel mouse trap. He has been acting strange rolling around and strange ;look in the eyes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Glue Mouse traps should only contain glue and some enticing bait - but otherwise are non toxic. The primary concern is if Logan ingested the base which can be plastic and can be a foreign body obstruction or cause damage to the intestinal tract as it passes.

Often the most you will see from this would be stomach upset such as vomiting or diarrhea but if he continues to act strange and his symptoms progress to vomiting, diarrhea (especially if either have blood in them), lethargy, or reduced appetite then please consider a veterinary er in the next 12 hours. In addition if he does the prayer position (play bow), the rolling around is not subsiding, his abdomen has any swelling, or a "glazed" look in his eye continues these are other reasons to consider a veterinary er

Tonight:
- Pepcid (famotidine) 10 mg tablet every 12 hours
- If he ate the base then please feed a few pieces of bread and take him on a leash walk 15+ minutes tonight and again in the morning to assist in gi motility and hopefully move it through
- If he did not eat the base then feed a bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat for a few days in smaller more frequent meals to minimize gi upset.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know if I can be of any assistance today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am going to be taking a short dinner break but will do my best to monitor if you have any additional questions or concerns.

I am signing off for the night but hope the information I have provided makes sense and provides some sense of relief for the evening.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Logan. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman