Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has been sick couple of days she been throwing up the

Customer Question

Hi my dog has been sick for a couple of days she been throwing up the first day and that's on Wednesday night she'll drink some water but then she throw that up and she stop eating after that on Thursday she wasn't very active she'll drink some water and that's it her nose is dry eye's is sort of red still not active Friday she start having some sort of discharge fluid from her vagina white thick today still not active the discharge is more today still drinking only a little fluid's not eating were notice that she seam to be pushing her stomach and that's when we check there is a lot of discharge coming out.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

So sorry to hear Lokelani is not feeling well. May I ask if she is spayed?

If she is not fixed then the primary concern is a pyometra or an infection in her uterus. CLICK HERE for more information on this condition, which is a true emergency for her and I would very strongly urge a veterinary er tonight

If she is fixed then the possibilities are wide including an infection in the stump of her uterus from her spay, a urinary tract infection, a kidney infection to name a few. With the fact that this has not improved and has progressed in the past few days I would still urge a veterinary er visit to determine the underlying cause and how best to help her but if she is not spayed this is moreso of an emergency

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you today. If you do not know about a veterinary er in your area, please call your regular vet who will often list on their voice mail what to do in case of an emergency.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you

I am online another 30 minutes tonight if I can be of any further assistance to you both.

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!