Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My sons dog was diagnosed my sons dog was diagnosed with

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****.my sons dog was diagnosed my sons dog was diagnosed with blood clot in his bladder. What can we do to disolve the clot?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The vet did not give him anything for it but said he needs to see a specialist for this. Can we dissolve the clot by doing things at home or is there some type of medication he can take
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

There aren't any medications we would administer to promote clot dissolution but diluting the urine by encouraging fluid intake plus the tincture of time should break up the clot which then is passed. The cause of the clot needs to be determined and treated in order to prevent the clot from enlarging instead or new clots from forming. What was your son told about the clot's etiology?