Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is breathing heavy and panting...kind of grunting
,

Customer Question

Customer: She is breathing heavy and panting...kind of grunting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started about 3-4 hours ago... She is a ten yr old lab... she was kind of grunting... and panting... she has arthritis so I thought maybe she was having some extra pain with the weather being so crazy I gave her a baby aspirin but it hasn't helped I just took her outside and she just had very loose stools normal in color
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes...being that it is Christmas Eve the internet is really my only chance at getting her help
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr:D replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Merry Christmas

DrD is here. Can you please tell me what is happening ? How old is your dog ? Is she spayed ? What do you feed her with ? Is she on any medication ? You mentioned a very loose stool. I assume this is a large amount of diarrhea ? Am I correct ? What was the last meal ? Any chance of getting into the thrash ?