Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have two poodles, one has runny stools with pus all over

Customer Question

I have two poodles, one has runny stools with pus all over it. It also had like tiny little dots in it, I am not sure which dog it is, but they both are not themselves. I know one is in heat and maybe that is why they didn't feel good. What to do I am very concerned.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 11 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help with your question about your dogs and diarrhea.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.

So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 11 months ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available to other experts when you return online.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Have you identified which of your poodles is diarrheic? If so, is diarrhea still a problem? Have you seen if hamburger and rice has been of value? Have any other symptoms arisen?