Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has dermatitis, she is itchy scratching and biting.

Customer Question

My dog has dermatitis , she is itchy scratching and biting. Can I give her 10 mg cetrizine Hcl and not worry that it would harm her? She is 30 pounds
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

So sorry to hear your dog is so itchy!

The dose of cetirizine is 1 mg/ kg once daily so for your dog (30 pounds, 14 kg) would be a 10 mg tablet daily with or without food

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Good evening, I wanted to check in on you and your little one to see if I can be of any further assistance to you both today. Happy Holidays!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Good afternoon, I am curious if you tried the cetirizine and if it helped her itch? I would love an update!

​If you found my information helpful I would very much appreciate you rating our chat on the top of the screen so I maybe compensated for my time. Thank you!