Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi -- I'm Dr. Tim and I'm a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years of experience with dogs and cats. I'll be glad to try and help you. Can you tell me what size is your dog and about what time the cookies were eaten? And what type of chocolate if you know?
If they ate them equally, you would probably not see signs of chocolate toxicity in dogs that big. If you would like to be extra safe, it would be wise to induce vomiting with some hydrogen peroxide 3%. The standard dose is 1 teaspoon for 10 pounds of body weight, so 6-7 teaspoons for the bull dog and 5 teaspoons for the terrier mix. I would also say that if they are not showing signs of toxicity by now, they probably would not -- the signs you would expect to see would be hyperactivity, high heart rate, possibly some trouble breathing and a high temperature.
I hope this helps and is a satisfactory answer. Please remember to rate my response since that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. Good luck with your little ones and please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care.