Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 9 year old black lab has a large skin tag the size of a

Customer Question

My 9 year old black lab has a large skin tag the size of a golf ball on her front leg. It has started to become very red and I was wondering if it was safe to travel with her in a car for a few hours. She is constantly licking it as is our other dog. Vet wouldn't remove it before doing a lot of very expensive testing. Any thoughts?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has she had the skin tag? 2- Any other symptoms?