Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

I have had two vets tell me that albon is the correct

Customer Question

I have had two vets tell me that albon is the correct medicine for my two month old puppies worms but online it says no which is correct?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years and I'd like to help with your question.

Albon treats a parasite called coccidia. It does not treat roundworms, hookworms, or whipworms. Do you happen to know if your puppy has coccidia? Did they do a fecal exam to see what kind of parasite he has?

If he has coccidia, albon is the correct treatment. If not, then he needs a different dewormer.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please let me know. If not, please rate my answer.