Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!The biggest concern with a puncture is the acid of the battery causing oral lesions/ ulcerations or if swallowed affecting the esophagus or stomach. Please offer some water, flavored with no salt chicken broth if available to get him to drink a bit more, and a dose of pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours today as an added precaution.As long as there are no oral lesions, gagging, vomiting the next 1-2 hours you should be just fine since the battery was not ingested and little material leaked.Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!