Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog had knee surgery knee cap that was sliding out of

Customer Question

My dog had knee surgery for a knee cap that was sliding out of place. The vet also put a couple of pins in his knee. It's been about 5 weeks now and he still won't step on the leg. Is there anything I can do to force him to step on it. Like bandaging one front leg so he'd have to use that leg? Got any idea's on what I can do for my 6 year old Rat Terrier?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is there any swelling or pain associated with the leg? Did Max have the surgery performed by your regular veterinarian or was it by a board certified surgeon?