Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Our pomeranian is about 9yrs old. she is about 13 lbs. a vet

Customer Question

our pomeranian is about 9yrs old. she is about 13 lbs. a vet told us she should weigh about 8 to 9 lbs. she has, for the second time, acted like she is in distress. she holds one paw up, and she has a far away look in her eyes. she looks scared. after about 5 min. she returns to normal.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 11 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help with your question about Tessa.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 11 months ago.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. It sounds like you're going through a really scary time with Bandit.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.

So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 11 months ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question. I'm sorry I missed out on the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available to other experts when you return online.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'll follow up for Dr. Jo for you. Can you tell me, please, is it a front or hind paw being held up and when she has that "far away look in her eyes" does she respond to stimuli such as your speaking or touching her? What is the time interval between her two events?