Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I HAVE A DOG WHO IS BLEEDING AND RUNNING A FEVER I HAVE NO

Customer Question

I HAVE A DOG WHO IS BLEEDING AND RUNNING A FEVER I HAVE NO MONEY TO GET HER CHECKED OUT AND I DONT WANT TO LOSE HER
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SHS HASNT EATEN SINCE LAST WEEKEND
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WHERE IS MY ANSWER
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licesned veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I apologize for the delay in our response, but I suspect that the experts may be reluctant to try to help since it really sounds like we're going to have to tell you something you don't want to hear - it might be that the only way to help her at this point is to take her to a vet. Where is she bleeding from?

~Dr. Sara

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HER BOTTOM

Is she having normal stool or is she having bloody diarrhea from her bottom? How long has this been going on?

~Dr. Sara

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HER LAST STOOL WAS WEDNESDAY AND WAS BLACK

OK I understand that her last stool was a few days ago. What I'm trying to ascertain is whether or not she's got blood coming from her rectum or the blood is actually in the stool. Please have patience - when I can't speak with you in person sometimes you've got to allow me to ask some questions so that I can really understand what is happening.

Also - you say she hasn't eaten since last weekend - do you mean that she hasn't eaten a single thing in an entire week? How about drinking?

Thanks

~Dr. Sara

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I AM GOING TO TAKE HER NOW TO A VET, I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID IT COULD BE PIOMETRIA, THIS WEBSITE WAS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL

As I said - I was still gathering information in order to better assist you. When we can't examine the pet in person we have to discuss the matter in greater detail. Since I can't see her myself, I need a good description of what's happening, otherwise I have no idea. Your vet is going to ask you all of those same questions once you get her there. I'm glad to hear that you're able to take her in for an exam, though, because that is really what she needs.

Take care

~Dr. Sara