Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I have a 20 lb purebred male cocker spaniel who has had

Customer Question

I have a 20 lb purebred male cocker spaniel who has had diahrea for two weeks. Can see my vet tomorrow morning, but would like to try some immodium in the meanwhile. What would the dosage be, please. Thanks.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Echo.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.

So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not online and currently available to discuss your question about Echo. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live chat with you and give you the information you are looking for. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available to other experts when you return online.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Sorry your Cocker has diarrhea. I do tend to avoid Immodium if at all possible as some dogs and breeds can have a severe reaction and it can also cause severe constipation in others

In the meanwhile things you can do safely:
- Pepcid 10 mg 1/2 tablet every 12 hours (please no pepto bismol either)
- Bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat in smaller more frequent meals which is bland yet bulking to the intestinal tract and can help mild gastrointestinal disturbances resolve without further treatment.

Hopefully this will assist in keeping him comfortable until you can see your veterinarian tomorrow but I do strongly urge avoiding immodium for Echo if at all possible

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!