Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My name is ***** *****. My dog had surgery after

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. My dog had surgery after breaking her ankle but she has re injured her ankle after the cast was taken off. Yesterday her ankle was swollen and now her foot is swollen and there seems to be bleeding inside. Her appointment is for tomorrow, should i take her to the emergency room today? I've already spent thousands of dollars I don't have. Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Her ankle and foot were red but now just her ankle is red but both are swollen but now her foot isn't red which worries me that blood may not be going down to her foot and she may lose it. Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.

I'm just going to take my dog to the hospital, can you please cancel the answer and the payment? Thanks, Lucy

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.I am a certified rehab veterinarian. From what you have described to me, yes I would go to the ER today. Actually the primary reason for this is because with all the swelling if we don't get this under control then then the tissue associated or adjacent to the swelling could die and that would be even more of a disaster not to mention that the pain associated with this is tremendous. So yes, get your baby to the ER today. Can I answer any other questions for you before you go?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is DRB and I am still here to help you if you would like. Are you here?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Ok, since I have to go offline now I am going to opt out in case you come back online and need another expert to help you. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today

So sorry to hear about your dog. I am hoping that you were able to read the responses by Dr. B and get your dog to the er to determine the cause of the swelling and bruising. If I can be of any assistance then please don't hesitate to ask, if it is just running by scenarios the er have laid before you of a treatment plan for the day

I will monitor for your reply...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I will be taking a short dinner break soon but will do my best to monitor for any responses you may have in the meanwhile. I hope your dog is in good hands and has some resolution from his swelling