Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 4 month old puppy started playing with the plastic bottle

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my 4 month old puppy started playing with the plastic bottle of Boric acid powder she chewed off the top and the powder scattered all obver the floor...I bathed her and I dont know if any went into her mouth but I must asume some did what can I do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What moer do u need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok thank you
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If your puppy ingested any of this powder, this could be toxic to him by causing contact burns and digestive disturbances. If it has been within 2 hrs, it is best to induce vomiting by giving your puppy hydrogen peroxide at 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of his weight. You can safely do this 3 times until your pppy vomits up the contents of his stomach.

Only a few licks will be harm less but watch for excessive salivation, vomiting and/or diarrhea. If you see these, take your puppy to your vet for an exam and possible treatment. In most cases such as this with a minor amount of the powder, your puppy will be fine.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should I wait after I first give her Hydrogen Peroxide
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I keep giving it until

Give the peroxide and wait 15 minutes...if she does not vomit, do this again and wait another 15 minutes...you can safely do this 3 times. This will remoe any of this toxin so it is important....good luck!