Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
If your puppy ingested any of this powder, this could be toxic to him by causing contact burns and digestive disturbances. If it has been within 2 hrs, it is best to induce vomiting by giving your puppy hydrogen peroxide at 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of his weight. You can safely do this 3 times until your pppy vomits up the contents of his stomach.
Only a few licks will be harm less but watch for excessive salivation, vomiting and/or diarrhea. If you see these, take your puppy to your vet for an exam and possible treatment. In most cases such as this with a minor amount of the powder, your puppy will be fine.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.Sincerely, ***** *****
Give the peroxide and wait 15 minutes...if she does not vomit, do this again and wait another 15 minutes...you can safely do this 3 times. This will remoe any of this toxin so it is important....good luck!