Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog has bad teeth and she is acting strange she is acting

Customer Question

My dog has bad teeth and she is acting strange she is acting like she doesn't know where she us or who I an also her front legs are having spamsi
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This condition could be caused by many things. Lola's teeth issues could have become infected that has become systemic affecting many other organs such as the brain. It is very important that your vet run testing to determine what may be causing this. My fear for your sweet Lola is that this may indicate liver disease since the signs are partly neurologic and this will require further diagnostics by your vet to help Lola past this.

For now, I would recommend that you give Lola aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs to help decrease any pain and inflammation that could be causing Lola this distress.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lola. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta