Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I'm having a batch of puppies and just want to kno because

Customer Question

I'm having a batch of puppies and just want to kno because I'm afraid when there born witch will be around Christmas that all vets will be closed an i need there tails docked is there any way I can wait longer then 3=5 days
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'd rather get but threw tex message please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Haven't gotten anything yet
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
N yes a phone call be awesome way more convenient thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry but, due to my location, I am unable to make phone calls but I would like to help since you have waited for so long.

Yes, the tail docks and dew claw removals can be done after the 5 day period although closer to the 3-5 day period is easier on the puppies. In most cases, your bitch will deliver and there will be a vet open within a few days of delivery to do this for you and check out the Dam to be sure she is healthy. If there is a period past 5 days, this can still be done but may require minor anesthesia which is harder on the babies.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you that is very stress relieving ., very apriciated I didn't think it could everyone that I asked have bin telling me that sonthis was extremely help n stressrelieving specially coming from a licensed vet and unseem like ur very good at what u do seeing all the rates and reading up thank you. Just 2 more question please.if she does gives birth on Christmas day the 25 if there isn't any vets open mite be like 6-9 days that's OK vetsnwont mind doing it, 2nd if she gives on the last day 28 won't be to bad orn late but I live in gatineau Quebec what would u thinkmitl cost .will there be vets open during those days right after Christmas holidays n before new years eve n couple days into January Id just think many of them would be on holidays what do you think?Sorry for the long questions I really apriciated your advice and help its just Cuz I'm abit worried about it n really wanna get it done,and thanks you so much Dr.Loretta

I am so happy that I could help. Even if there is an 8 days period between birth and tail docs, most vets will still do this but in most cases, there will be a period that vets willl be open even during the holidays or an ER vet that is covering for other vets. It is never too late although when they are a bit older, mild anesthesia may be required to ease the discomfort on your babies.

Don't worry...you will get this done in a timely manner.

Happy Holidays!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank younsom much that deffianatly puts a big smike on my face! And Mild anesthesia is that usually the same price or alot more or just abit.I know how much it cost being done normally Cuz my uncle had it done with the same breed last year I'd just want to if its the same price or usually more or less n I won't be bugging u no more but ur answers to my questions were more then helpfull ur awesome

The cost is the same in most vets offices when done eary or later. Most of the time, the anesthesia would only be a bit of a local anesthesia which would not be charged in some vet clinics. Since all clinics are different, ask about this prior to the procedure.

I am sorry that I am unable, due to my location, to make phone calls but the information I provided should cover your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ur answers were great sorry bout asking for another phone call it was a oop up n I acidently pressed it but ur answers were so helpful thank you so much have a nice day and happy holidays

I am so glad that I could help...

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta