Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog, Gracie, was given her booster shot on Wednesday. She

Customer Question

Customer: My dog, Gracie, was given her booster shot for influenza on Wednesday. She has had a lot of tenderness at the injection site on her hip. Today her back legs went out from under her and she appears to have trouble standing. She is eating, not twice a day, once and drinking.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My dog, Gracie, was given her booster shot for influenza on Wednesday. She has had a lot of tenderness at the injection site on her hip. Today her back legs went out from under her and she appears to have trouble standing. She is eating, not twice a day, once and drinking.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Are you seeing any swelling at the booster site?

Does she seem weak in the leg when walking?

Any leg dragging or trying to walk on the top of the leg?

Any recent injury, slip, or fall with this leg?