Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

Can you put dog to sleep with Hydrocodone and what dose. I

Customer Question

Can you put dog to sleep with Hydrocodone and what dose. I do not want to take her to the Vet and have them do it as she is scared to death of the Vet office and I do not want our last hour with her to be there.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.

I completely understand your fear, but there is only one ethical way to perform euthanasia in pets. You need a vet to administer the appropriate euthanasia solution intravenously. There is no humane way to do euthanasia at home with an overdose of a drug with hydrocodone. That can result in vomiting, bad diarrhea, nausea, and suffering.

My suggestion would be to contact your vet and request for a recommendation to have a veterinarian travel to your home to perform the euthanasia. Best option for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my service immediately
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about 12. How is everything going?