Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii
90005502

QUESTION}My dog has thrown up s undigested food 3 times in a

Customer Question

QUESTION}My dog has thrown up his undigested food 3 times in a row over 2 days. He has very little poop when he goes and it is extremely soft. My dog is a 110 pound Lab who usually wants to eat all the time. He did get into the turkey carcass at Thanksgiving but seemed fine up until 2 days ago Could anything from what he got in to 3 weeks ago be causing this now?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kathy,

My name is***** and I will help you.

While one would think that a turkey carcass attacked three weeks ago couldn't cause a problem it depends on how well he chewed the bones and how many he ingested. Where the first few stools after thanksgiving real firm? Bone fragments often do this.

But now we don't know for sure. The best thing to do is take Otis to your vet for an xray. It is the only sure way to find out if there are still bone fragments there.

If he is vomiting his food he won't have much stool. And if he keeps vomiting he will loose weight.

There are many other things that can cause vomiting. But because he feels OK it sounds more like he has something irritating in his digestive tract.

Any chance that he got into something else the last few days?

Best to be safe and get that xray

Please feel free to discuss this with me further.

If you are satisfied with this service please rate me.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you and your Otis!