Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is still throwing up foamy. He has been to the doctor

Customer Question

Customer: My dog is still throwing up white foamy slime. He has been to the doctor and everything has come back negative. I am running out of funds and my dog is dying in front of my eyes I don't know what to do.....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The doctor ran test to c if he had any issues and everything came back negative. He looked for major issues such as cancer and other things, he even did a sonogram and it came back clear still my dog eats and then throws up I have given him the chicken rice diet I even gave him the boiled hamburger like my doctor said, he kept it down for a little while and then threw it up. He even throws up water please help I am desperate.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes , but I am very worried about my dog. I don't want him to die on me. Please help.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you stlll need help. In general, if my patient can't hold down either food or medications, he should be hospitalized and treated parenterally - in any manner other than orally. I understand your financial constraints, however. Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com. I not only review the test results but note which tests should have been performed but weren't. Which medications were sent home with him? Please give me an update on him.