Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My 40 kg golden retriever has just eaten 2 organic brazil. I

Customer Question

Customer: my 40 kg golden retriever has just eaten 2 organic brazil nuts. I am now worried that these are poisonous.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what kind of details?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I am happy to tell you that eating 2 brazil nuts will not be harmful. These nutsare very high in selenium which can cause a problem if your dog will be eating these on a daily basis for a long time in the future. However one single ingestion of a couple of nuts will not cause any problems. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan