Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a 10 month old Golden Retriever/Catahoula mix who is

Customer Question

I have a 10 month old Golden Retriever/Catahoula mix who is throwing up a white foam bile (very small amount) in the morning only before I get his morning food down which is Beneful Healthy weight mixed with ground Pedigree for skin and coat 1/2 can. We adopted him and he has had all his puppy shots and not due again until June. He has also been nuetered but did not come from a healthy home. The Pedigree was vets suggestion as he came to us with Anxiety Alopecia and that is better but now he started throwing up the baseball size spot of bile then eats and after that he is playful with our husky/shepherd mix and doesnt have a problem again and he has filtered water and dry food out all night as online stated he may be hungry and stomach irritated. So now I am confused as it does not happen everyday just once in a while.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Poor Gunner still has anxiety due to many changes and this digestive disturbance is a part of that. The best thing for you to do is to give Gunner Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound of Gunner's weight every 8 hrs for 7 days. I would also fast Gunner for 24 hrs and after the fast feed rice and chicken for 2 -3 days. This will help his digestive tract calm down and decrease his anxiety. Purchase a DAP Collar at the pet store which is a canine pheromone that has a calming effect on Gunner. After the anxiety is gone, he will be back t normal.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****