Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog has lyme and is on pain meds and was on a antibiotic,

Customer Question

my dog has lyme and is on pain meds and was on a antibiotic, but not now. He has both types of lyme. Can I give him pen vk ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. The antibiotic that works the best on this disease is Doxycycline and Penicillin will ot help at all. If your vet feels that the disease is still present and your sweet Bandit is still in pain, then talk to your vet about continuing the pain meds such as Tramadol and the Doxycycline. Adding the Penicillin will not help Bandit...he requires the correct antibiotic. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****