Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My puppy (just over a year) was t by a car and she was

Customer Question

My puppy (just over a year) was hit by a car and she was acting like she hurt her front paw but she's not moving much and I don't know how to tell if she is hurt worse than I noticed....
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your dog. Did this happen recently?

It is always recommended to take your dog in to your vet for an exam if it is has been hit by a car. Not only to we worry about things like broken bones, but there can be internal injuries (bleeding, rupture bladder, diaphragmatic hernias) that do not show on the outside. I would strongly recommend taking your dog in for an exam, even if she appears normal on the outside, just to be safe.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I needed to know what to check out right away. I don't drive, and it wasn't possible for a vet right away... Sorry but this wasn't helpful here.