Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 12 year old miniature schnauzer that is having a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have a 12 year old miniature schnauzer that is having a hard time the last month walking on his back legs and standing how can I help him I can not afford a vet right now. He is my beast friend and I need to help him
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he just drags his back legs he try's to walk on his back lets but most of the time he just falls down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before.Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Does he always drag his back legs or can he use them to take normal steps?

If you pinch a toe on a back foot, does he respond to you as if he could feel it?

Can he still control his passing of urine and feces? Or does he pass them and not seem aware? Or dribble urine all the time?