DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My name is ***** ***** and my 8 yr old 80 lb labradoodle ate

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and my 8 yr old 80 lb labradoodle ate all 120 tablets of Rejuvenate yesterday while I was at work. He seems fine this morning having gotten rid of all if not most of the medicine through diarrhea and vomiting yesterday and today. The vet didn't quite know what to do.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the vet prescribed the rejuvenate on friday, and monday night I came home to an empty bottle and a big tummy ache. he just wanted to lie down next to me since he was feeling so bad. this morning on the other hand, he was up and barking like nothing had happened.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. Unfortunately the ingredients for this supplement are "prorietary" and so its hard to say what's in there. However, generally these supplements are very safe and besides the GI upset you have already seen, will not cause any problems. You may want to call the manufacturer and see if they have any concerns. And if nothing else, perhaps consider having a blood test done on your dog in the next day or so to check for kidney or liver issues (organs that toxic ingestions usually affect). If your pup resumes normal appetite and activity today, then you are likely fine. I hope this helps. Take care.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 11 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
DrMelJ