Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog is not mself. He's slow moving with short shallow

Customer Question

My dog is not himself. He's slow moving with short shallow breaths & making noises when breathing
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm very sorry to hear about Marty's situation. I'm going to be very direct and honest here and say that when ever I heard bout a situation like this, I consider it an emergency. For him to be be slow moving and to be breathing like this, the concern arises for underlying heart issues, internal bleeding, or primary lung issues. All of these are potentially very critical. Could this be something that isn't a critical situation? That possibility is there, but I never like to take chances. I would absolutely recommend getting him to your vet immediately for an evaluation. They need to see him in person and possibly do some testing to see if this is more serious or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was fine this mourning. I let him out he was running around. I watched him go #2 and it was after that he started acting like this. His gums are pretty white
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's moving around a little now. I've never heard him have gas but he has passed has twice now
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

The white gums are absolutely concerning for me. I'm going to be very honest here and say that internal bleeding is a very strong concern that can look exactly like this. He could have a tumor in his abdomen that has acutely started to bleed and causing all these signs. The only way to know is to have him evaluated and most likely an x-ray of his belly. If he has a bleeding mass, then the situation becomes a surgical issue.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Marty. How is everything going?