Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 3 month old maltese shihtzu peed on the floor and i

Customer Question

My 3 month old maltese shihtzu peed on the floor and i sprayed urine gone on the carpet. And i think she stepped n it or licked it and i dont know what to do to help her. Whe fraantically pacing be floor and wont come to me.. and im the only one ahe ever comes to. Can you please tell me what to do to calm her down so she can rest? Or what to wash her in to relieve the symptoms?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

There is nothing toxic in this product but it could cause skin or gut irritation of Ladybug was in direct contact with it. Therefore, we'd want to rinse both her feet and her mouth with cool water to remove any residue. If you think she ingested some, you can try her with a small meal of a light diet (ie rice with boiled chicken, white fish, cottage cheese, or scrambled egg).

Otherwise, we need to keep a close eye on her. The spray could be a red herring and this accident could be instead a sign of a possible urinary tract infection. These do tend to cause discomfort, restlessness, urinary straining, accidents, and bladder soreness. So, if she doesn't settle with the above then that would also be a concern. In regards ***** ***** this for the moment, you will be limited in what you can do at home. You can encourage her to drink to dilute her urine +/- give a few milliliters of aloe vera berry juice (from your local health food store) to normalize urine pH. Otherwise, we'd need to plan to have a check with her vet once they are open to determine if she has a bladder infection that needs to be treated.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I canto provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)