Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

, well my dog has had a couple of accidents in the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well my dog has had a couple of accidents in the house ( urine) and the urine smells horrible like fish
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess K replied 12 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your problem. So your dog is having urinary accidents in the house?

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Inappropriate urination with such an odor indicates bacterial urinary tract infection in the great majority of cases. This is most commonly seen in females but either sex is represented. Your dog's vet will want to thoroughly examine your dog and obtain urine by cystocentesis - percutaneous aspiration of the urinary bladder - with which to perform a urinaysis and perhaps a bacterial culture and sensitivity of the urine particularly if the urine is dilute which makes it difficult to see bacteria and cells which indicate infection.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow my speaking with customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.