Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I am from Australia and live in remote town 's away from the

Customer Question

Hello Dr Michael,
I am from Australia and live in remote town mike's away from the nearest vet.
This person threw hot water on my dog and it burnt his skin. I recently sought advice from our local pharmacist and he gave me burn aid cream. I am worried that something else is wrong with him. There are times he would just stand around because of his wound. It affected his left leg and towards his genitals but did not affect that area.
Our local remote vet is not available until Thursday. Can you give me some advice please.
Thank you,
Charlotte
Thursday Island, North Queensland Australia
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

Can you upload a photo of the affected skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Burns often become secondarily infected. Is the local pharmacist able to prescribe an antibiotic for Tagai?