Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Pomeranian will start shaking really bad, she turns her

Customer Question

My Pomeranian will start shaking really bad, she turns her heard to left and right but doesn't seem to see anything.this lasts about 5-10 min Then She starts to shake and pant hard. She has been doing this for about 20 min.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You've described a complex partial seizure in Macey. If it hasn't stopped by the time you've read this, she's in status epilepticus (the state in which seizure activity doesn't stop) and needs to see an on-call vet who will heavily sedate or anesthetize here. At 12 years years of age the cause of such seizures most often will be found in the brain and brain tumor is most common. Please give me an update on Macey.