brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

Since talking to you last night, Abby hasn't gotten any

Customer Question

Since talking to you last night, Abby hasn't gotten any better. She did drink some of the chicken broth like I told you, but crushing up her meds and trying to give them to her through a syringe doesn't work. Today I've been able to give her some slices of roast beef and corn tortillas, but she won't drink. I was able to contact her vet and they have agreed to take her in tomorrow, board her, give her the meds, give her IV fluids and food for the week. She's been lying on the couch all day, had a BM this morning that is still dark, but she just isn't herself. I'm hoping the vet boarding her and giving her the right treatment will clear this all up. They are also going to give her the tramadol for her dysplasia. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 11 months ago.

I don't think so. I think that giving her a boost with the IV fluids and having them administer the medications are a good choice to try to get her past the hump and hopefully into recovery.

Aside from that, you've already done what you can at home - offering various foods and liquids, trying to get her medications in...without someone knowledgable to prevent her from biting you, there isn't much more you can do!

Hi Tammy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Susan