Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My dog is a that needs stones in hr bladder taken out. You

Customer Question

Hello Gary,This is Cheryl Perry my dog is a king Charles that needs stones in hr bladder taken out. You quoted me a price of $28 can I pay at the office or do you want credit card #?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 12 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm afraid that Dr. Gary hasn't been online, but I'd like to help.

I'm sorry that Sweetie has been diagnosed with bladder stones. As I'm sure you've seen, sometimes they can cause a great deal of discomfort. It sounds like you're doing everything that you can for her, and I understand how costly something like a bladder stone surgery can be. If the surgery is absolutely not an option, you could discuss medical dissolution with your veterinarian. Some stones can be dissolved if we feed a special diet and keep the pet on medications like antibiotics +/- a urinary acidifier. This option can be significantly cheaper than having surgery, but the down side is that not all stones will dissolve. Some stones absolutely have to be removed surgically - there is no other way. Even if you maybe just try the medical dissolution diet while you save up money for possible surgery, you might get lucky and see that the stones get smaller as the months go by. I've seen very large stones dissolve with appropriate medical management.

Another thing to consider would be calling your local humane societies and asking your vet to see if they know of any charitable organizations that can help you gather the funds for the surgery. Another clever thing I've seen clients do is set up gofundme accounts online. This is a link that could be shared on social media to help you raise money for a specific concern, like surgery. Here is the website:

https://www.gofundme.com/lp/welcome-1?pc=fb_pp_ga_120115_atconq_w12&gclid=CjwKEAiAy7SzBRD_lv7quOnr6XUSJAAOLkW6nn5Pe3PIXQ8Zt0LWsXfqw0688bOsvoyjUyhSesE3UxoCp6Hw_wcB

I hope that this information is helpful.

Please let me know what questions I can answer for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)