Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My buddy hoosier is sick and I'm trying to understand the

Customer Question

My buddy hoosier is sick and I'm trying to understand the illness..they say he has Thrombocytopenia
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about Hoosier. I am attaching an article for you here on Thrombocytopenia which gives some general information about the disease and its possible causes and treatment. http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1646

Do you know if they think it is immune mediated or are they unsure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure at the doctors right now...again 5 days after initial X-rays and blood test..as the first few days after the steroids he was acting normal but today he is winded when he walks 20 feet.. Gums r pale.. Very lethargic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internal bleeding on spleen .. Hermangio sercoma...they say... Will surgery save him..? :(
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry I was away from my computer driving and just saw your message. I did not realize that you were at the better he was so critical. I cannot tell you whether the surgery will save him because it is going to depend on whether the hemangiosarcoma has spread elsewhere. I am going to open your question out to other experts because unfortunately I'm not at my computer anymore and perhaps someone else can call you back.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link with information on that tumor http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1449

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. How is Hoosier doing? If you still need our help just let us know. If not, just disregard this message.

Thanks :)

~Dr. Sara