DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog has been vomiting days on and off. She usually gets

Customer Question

My dog has been vomiting for several days on and off. She usually gets sick around this time then is OK the rest of the day. I don't know what's going on.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. I'm sorry roxy is not feeling well and I'm sorry you have had to wait awhile for a response. Let me see if I can help. If she is always vomiting at the same time of day, perhaps it is a problem with stomach acid causing pain and then leading to vomiting. You could try giving her 20 mg Pepcid AC (I'm assuming she is about 50 lbs) in the morning and evening to help neutralize excessive stomach acid. Then feed a very small meal of rice and boiled boneless, skinless chicken breast. You can continue to do the broth but make sure it is low sodium chicken broth as the regular stuff has a lot of salt in it and would contribute to GI upset. When I say a small meal, I mean about 1/4 cup of a 50:50 mix of rice and chicken breast. No other treats or rawhides etc allowed right now. If the Pepcid does not help then I would recommend having her in to see a vet for further diagnostics. i hope this helps. Best of luck.