Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I wanted to give you an update about Effie and also ask a

Customer Question

Hi Dr Peter. I wanted to give you an update about Effie and also ask a quick question about food. I DID speak with the Dr of internal medicine; we were actually on the phone for almost 1/2 hour. She did want to see some records which were missing - records
from the other large hospital where I took her when all of this began in April. I asked her about a visit, and she agreed, it is better to try to diagnose when the symptoms are present. So - we will wait for now. She told me it was a judgement call regarding
now or at a future date if symptoms show up again - but again to reiterate, she told me they may at least know where to start again after she sees the complete record and when/if she shows signs of illness again. I asked her about worms, and she said it wouldn't
hurt to use the panacur and she also said her primary should (have) request samples. Sometimes I get the impression the primary is tired of us - but that is a conversation for another day. She gave me her personal office phone and told me I can leave messages
when/if I need to and she is inputting Effie's records in the Univ of Penn's vet hosp records. Lastly - I am always in search of good (better) food for both dogs. We DID try Taste of the Wild and it didn't work after the initial bag. Someone mentioned Fromm
to me - do you have an opinion on this brand??
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Hi Adrienne, great that you spoke to the specialist.

I am not familiar with the brand Fromm, I am sorry. Look into Natural Balance grain free.

Adrienne, whipworms is one of three parasites that are know to be negative on routine fecal analysis yet be clinically relevant. For this reason I recommend to simply treat for it to rule it out. Panacur is very safe and it is not going to hurt Effie. I wouldn't want another episodes to come and Effie going through a bunch of test and later find out that it was a simple whipworm problem.

Thank you for the update. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much. I am sure we will be in touch soon. Have a nice weekend. :D

You too Adrienne, :)

You're welcome.