Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

34 pound cocker ate 50% of a Browne cover with fudge

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Since your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (1 tbsp & 1/2 tsp) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

If you are able to give me the ounces of ingestion I can calculate the level of concern but in the meanwhile please consider inducing vomiting to minimize possible side effects of this ingestion.

Please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight. I am online another 15 minutes to assist you...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3/4:h x2"w x1" L
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I really do need weight in ounces not measurements if at all possible because chocolate toxicity is based on weight not size of ingested amount. Were you able to give the peroxide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will start now
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

OK sounds good

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 12 months ago.

Good morning, I would love an update when you are able. I hope that your Sandi is recovering from this ingestion without any issues.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you