Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My snalzer is acting like he can.t walk. s legs are stiff

Customer Question

My snalzer is acting like he can.t walk. His legs are stiff and he is staggering around in the floor! help please
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about your schnauzer.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. Itch, allergy, and fleas are all really complicated things to deal with and finding solutions takes a long time.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.

So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer my question. Jiya is nine years old and is staggering all over the floor
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Hi! Glad you're there... I've got a lot of important information to go over with you.

(typing more)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I know this is really scary to see, and I want you to understand this is a medical emergency. This type of staggering can be caused by a variety of different things, but all of them are serious. Jiya needs to go to the emergency center as quickly as possible so she can have the exam, x-rays, and blood work necessary to determine why she's doing this. The sooner she gets treatment, the more likely it is she'll be able to recovery.
I know this has to be terribly upsetting, but want you to keep hope you're doing everything for her you can by getting her to the ER as quickly as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I understand what an awful situation this is to be in, so I want to be as helpful as possible. Does this help to answer your question tonight?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there? How else may I help you?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.

If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.

If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.

Thank you for using our website.

(rating option enabled)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Jo
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to ask how things are going with your schnauzer. I've been worried about you.

Thanks,

Dr. Jo