Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have two Siberian huskies and both are pooping a lot, a

Customer Question

I have two Siberian huskies and both are pooping a lot, a lot more than normal. I have noticed some kind of mucus and something that looks like a tapeworm or maybe whipworm or roundworm. Would you be able to prescribe a medication that works for any worm or various? I recently lost my job and I can't afford taking them to the vet. Our current vet will charge office visit, poop exam, and then medication. I would be grately appreciated if you can help me with a prescription.
Thank you so much and happy holidays.
Carolina
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Their names are ***** ***** Lanai, respectively 6 and 5 years old. Both are 60lbs.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

First, while I am sure you didn't intend to, I must note that what you are requesting is illegal. Prescriptions require us to have physically examined the animal in question in person. Therefore, it is not possible to get a prescription from anyone but a local vet that can see your girls. That said, I wanted to let you know that you do not need a prescription to obtain wormers for Kahlua and Lanai. Instead, you need only have a recent weight, as you can obtain Drontal from online sources like Amazon. Otherwise, you can even pop into one of the larger pet stores (ie Petco, PetSmart, etc) as they sell Sentry and Safeguard. All will cover against all the worms in question and do not need a prescription for you to obtain. Therefore, under the circumstances, I would suggest that plan of action to address this situation for your lasses.

Please take care and happy holidays to you too,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your reply ...You suggest one of these?http://www.amazon.com/Guard-Canine-Dewormer-Large-4-Gram/dp/B000FPH2FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449773261&sr=8-1&keywords=drontal+dewormer+for+dogshttp://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Wormx-Large-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B0130DM1M8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449773532&sr=8-3&keywords=dewormer+for+dogs&refinements=p_89%3ASentryhttp://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1459Which one is best?Happy Holidays.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

You are very welcome,

If we have a choice, I would lean to the Drontal products as they are what I regularly use with my own patients. You did send a link for the Drontal Plus, so do check whether you will need a prescription for the site. If you do, then you could instead use the regular Drontal from Amazon (example). Otherwise, to be fair to all of the products, they do all have similar drugs (pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel) and should work equally well.

All the best,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I didn't find the drontal for dogs on Amazon.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Hi again,

That is very strange as the "example" link above should have taken you to the page with Drontal on it.

In that case, you can find it @ http://www.amazon.com/Drontal-Dog-Flavour-6-tablets/dp/B00L4KVMAC/ref=lp_3026980011_1_4?srs=3026980011&ie=UTF8&qid=1449774209&sr=8-4 --but can also click on the supplier (drontal) to see other options if you wanted less then 6 (though 2 60lb or 27kg dogs would need 2.7 tablets each).

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Kahlua And Lanai. How is everything going?
nekovet