Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
673497

My dog was fine 11-22-15, he went out back and would cry

Customer Question

my dog was fine 11-22-15, he went out back and would cry once and low bark for 7 hours, what happened? I think he was bitten by a rattlesnake. I had videos on him and saw the title. koko is going to die on nov 20th, 2015th. I did not put that there, he died nov 22, cry once, bark twice.
he was like a bull in a china store. someone lived with me march 2013.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Gina replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

First, let me say how sorry I am for your loss. Never easy to loose a beloved pet.

From what I can gather from your question, you are asking what the cause of death is. If I am incorrect, please let me know so I can appropriately assist you.

Unfortunately, it's impossible for anyone to know for sure without a necropsy (autopsy for animals). This is the only way to know for 100% sure why Koko passed away. I do notice you think it's possible that Koko was bit by a rattle snake. Here is a link for you to check out to see if you saw any symptoms of a bite before Koko passed:

http://thebark.com/content/rattlesnake-bites-dog

I wish I could tell you for absolutely certainty, but unfortunately, it's just impossible.

Again, my deepest condolences.

Gina