Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Standard poodle is just back from groomers however ears were

Customer Question

Customer: standard poodle is just back from groomers however ears were not plucked. The dogs does not experience any of the regular symptoms ie.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is using his ear muscles to pull his ears back all the time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but I am not sure what you are trying to describe. Are you meaning that since he came back from the groomers, he is acting like his ears are bothering him?

Are you sure that his ears were not cleaned with anything? Were the hairs trimmed in or around his ear canals?

Is there any redness or swelling in the ears?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.