Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Dachshund suddenly started shaking and slowly walking

Customer Question

Customer: My Dachshund suddenly started shaking and slowly walking with tail between legs and clinging to me after I threw his toy once. He ran after it and that was it!!???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took him out to potty and he did very little. He just ate before I started to play with him. He tried his normal shaking of the head and couldn't seem to do it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I need a response asap! it said 8 minutes or less and it's been more than 8 minutes. Please help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. I need to know how old your doxi is. My initial thought was that he hurt his neck or back; in othe words, a doxi who suffered a slipped disk. Shaking is a pain response and reluctance in shaking the head suggests that the disk is in his neck. Please give me an update on him.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?