Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is a french bulldog and her tongue and cheek is

Customer Question

Customer: My dog is a french bulldog and her tongue and cheek is peeling
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tongue and cheek are both peeling on the right side. Also when she eats food is left over in the right side like it hurts her to chew it. She usually eats everything and she in timid to eat now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I dont have any money
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your gal. This condition must have something to do with an infection or an abscess growing in this area. I would worry most that there is some form of infection or tumor inside the oral cavity that is causing the outside to peel due to the irritation that your gal is feeling. It is important to apply a cortisone creme such as Cortaid, available at the pharmacy, to the outside area and flush out her mouth with a peroxide solution just in case this is an infection. You will have to take your gal to your vet for a complete exam to be sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****