Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 2 your old chiweenie. One morning he could not walk

Customer Question

I have a 2 your old chiweenie. One morning he could not walk it is like he was paralyzed for two days we took him to the emergency hospital and they said he had a pulled muscle they gave him a shot of Pain medicine . They also put him on some other medications antibiotic and tramadol. Started walking very slowly we ended up taking him to his regular veterinarian and they said he had a pulled tendon. He will not eat or drink anything the weekend came and ended up taking him to another animal hospital they cook all kind of tests on him blood work check everything on him they could not find anything they said he had an intestinal gastrointestinal issue they put him on six different medications he is not eating are drinking he is losing weight he is skin and bones. He has no energy all he wants to do is just lay there he can walk very slowly but it seems like he is so weak . I already have $1,800 and I still don't know what's wrong with him I just want my little baby better I don't know what to do. He was always after little pup and he just lays there and stares in space
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 12 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Bubby. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. It sounds like you are going through an absolutely awful situation with him. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 12 months ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available for other experts when you return online. I do hope you get the answers you are looking for soon, and I'm sorry your Bubby is in such a difficult situation.
Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 months ago.

It appears that your first expert has left the conversation. I am also a veterinarian. Let me know if you still need help with Bubby.

Some additional information will help me. Did the pain medication help at all? Can he walk normally now?

Do you happen to have the blood test results?

What are the medications he is taking?